Avocado gives this dressing the creamy smooth texture without eggs or mayo. Keeps for about one week.
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 1/4 C cups sour cream (optional)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 C sliced pickled jalapeños
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp dried dill or ¼ cup chopped fresh
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 C olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- approximately ¼ cup water to thin dressing out (optional)
Put all ingredients except Cayenne and water in Vitamix or food processor. Blend until smooth. Test and add cayenne if you need more heat. Add water if dressing is too thick. Enjoy on a taco salad!